Friday, September 19, 2008

Salomon's Presentation


The following entry corresponds to the presentation that my classmate Salomón did in class about "The relationship of Language and Culture".

First of all I have to say that you did a good job presenting your own ideas showing us very good pictures representing them. From my understanding whenever all the factors that you mentioned are together they form part of aculture and of course that language is the most important factor in it in order to create and be part of a culture.

While you were presenting I felt that your ideas were very-well supported basically on what the author of the article said. Also, you did pretty good comparisons of how important is to have a language inside a culture and you were capable to demonstrated us through meaningful examples for us. So, I was very interested when you mentioned the comparison of how Chileans and Peruvians have differences teaching the history of the Pacific war, I think that this example was quite good in order to represent how language expresses cultural reality.

The only bad thing that I have to say about your presentation is that from my point of view, you felt a little bit nervous presenting, so sometimes your ideas weren't so clear while you were talking, but you just need to practice in order to feel that you have more confidence presenting in front of people, think about that because you will be a teacher.

To conclude my comments about your presentation I feel that you are very capable to teach, because you organized very well the ideas in order to be empathic with the audience, due to we as your audience "supposedly" didn't know anything about what you were talking.

I hope that you'll have more opportunities in class in order to improve your weaknesses.

Great job!

Best wishes,

Victoria.

No comments: